Gaining You The Compensation You Deserve
If you are injured in an accident, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer who will handle your claim from initial consultation through to trial or final resolution. Regardless of whether the injuries were accidental or intentional, the effects of an injury can be devastating and long lasting, resulting in significant pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost income or death.
At McCormick Law Offices in Cranston, we believe that every personal injury claim requires serious legal representation. Attorney Ed McCormick and the staff treat each case as if it will ultimately proceed to trial. That kind of preparation often enables us to obtain a fair settlement for our clients. If a case does not settle, we are prepared to aggressively present your claim to a jury, judge or workers’ compensation commissioner. We conduct our own investigation of the event, interview witnesses and gather all necessary information to mount a vigorous defense of your rights.
We Offer A Wide Range Of Personal Injury Services
We often handle cases in the following areas:
- Motor vehicle-related accidents: Rhode Island is a no-fault state, but drivers can still file a personal injury claim against another driver for property damage.
- Slip-and-fall injuries:These often occur in retail establishments due to wet or slippery floors.
- Premises liability: This occurs when the tenant or landlord fails to safely maintain or repair a living or workspace.
- Workers’ compensation: Injuries on the job can result in a workers’ compensation claim, which are weekly benefits that replace lost wages and cover medical treatment. If the employer denies the claim, compensation can be pursued through the courts.
- Dog bites: Regardless of whether it is a bite needing stitches or an attack resulting in disfigurement, the owner of the dog can be held responsible for damages.
Hands-On Service To Get The Compensation You Deserve
Thirty years of personal injury trial experience uniquely qualifies attorney Ed McCormick to zealously represent injured people to obtain prompt and fair results. There is never a charge for legal fees unless we recover compensation for our clients. We are pleased to meet with clients in their homes, hospital rooms or another convenient location. As with other states, Rhode Island and Massachusetts have a statute of limitation when it comes to how much time you have with a claim or file a lawsuit, so it is always best to contact us as soon as possible to begin a process that can take months or years.